Miss Saswati Maitra specialises in the following procedures:
Miss Maitra provides a comprehensive range of gynaecological care in most aspects of gynaecology such as general health checks, cervical smears, menstrual disorders, subfertility, polycystic ovarian syndrome, fibroids, contraception and menopausal problems.
Her special interest includes gynaecological and early pregnancy scanning which includes
- Management of women with emergency gynaecological problems like pelvic pain, pelvic inflammatory disease, ovarian cysts and torsion.
- Women with bleeding and pain in early pregnancy with management of miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy and recurrent miscarriages.
- 3D gynaecology ultrasound for congenital abnormalities of the uterus for subfertility.
- Menstrual disorders including heavy and painful periods and irregular periods
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery for fibroids, endometriosis, adhesiolysis, ovarian cystectomies, oophorectomies etc.
Miss Maitra provides the full range of maternity care to women during pregnancy both low risk and high risk pregnancies.
She provides a comprehensive care for women with medical disorders in pregnancy and women with previous complicated obstetric problems. She specialises in the care of women with haematological problems in pregnancy and runs the joint obstetric haematology clinic in her NHS practice. This includes women with thrombophilia and thromboembolism, low platelets and various red cell antibodies.
The obstetric services provided by her are:
- Normal deliveries
- Instrumental deliveries (Ventouse or forceps)
- Caesarean section
- Pain relief
- Complementary therapies
- Cervical sutures
- High risk pregnancies
- Pregnancies with medical problems.